Nice motorbike man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sambu

stopped behind a van turning right onto lothian road from morison street today. pulled up next to a motorbike, looked over and exchanged a nod. he then asked if i was turing right, "yes" i said, "then you go ahead, it'll stop you getting run over by one of these bloody taxis"! "cheers" i said, though it was well nice. first interaction ive had with a fellow road user and it was a nice one, class.

thomas

the tank engine
V. nice! He'd probably had a nasty encounter there and he was just being a decent human being.

photography27

i've had a motorbike rider give me the nod while he was zooming along the other side of the road, not all people on the road are horrible.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't mind motor bikers at all - they must think us cyclists are nuts riding up all those big hills, descending at a speed similar to them, with nothing more than some thin lycra for protection....

photography27 said:
i've had a motorbike rider give me the nod while he was zooming along the other side of the road, not all people on the road are horrible.

This happens to me on a regular basis, maybe something about two wheels good, four wheels bad? I can't say I get the same number of wavenods as when I ride the motorbike, but a memorable amount all the same.
(Excluding the majority of L-plated hoodie wearing moped riders, obviously)

Norm

I keep nodding to other motorbikes when cycling, and nodding to cyclists when riding a motorbike. I often get a response but sometimes get a strange look.

Not as strange as when I'm driving a Land Rover and start waving to cyclists, though.

bauldbairn

I nod at all bikes motorised or not. :smile:

I passed at least 30 lycra clad cyclists going the opposite way on the Bellsdyke Road last Thurday night in three separate groups - not one of them even looked the road I was on, let alone nodded. :biggrin: - ;)

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Norm said:
I keep nodding to other motorbikes when cycling, and nodding to cyclists when riding a motorbike. I often get a response but sometimes get a strange look.

Not as strange as when I'm driving a Land Rover and start waving to cyclists, though.

glad I'm not the only one!;)

iLB

Hello there
bauldbairn said:
I nod at all bikes motorised or not. :thumbsup:

I passed at least 30 lycra clad cyclists going the opposite way on the Bellsdyke Road last Thurday night in three separate groups - not one of them even looked the road I was on, let alone nodded. :smile: - :biggrin:

possibly on a chain gang? therefore barely able to see straight let alone notice you ;)

bauldbairn

iLB said:
possibly on a chain gang? therefore barely able to see straight let alone notice you :biggrin:

Spot on! Met a guy several miles on(at roadworks) on a Specialized Carbon Jobbie. He was telling me they meet on a Tuesday and Thursday night and he was still trying to get himself fit enough(after a Winter lay-off) to cycle with them again. :biggrin:

madguern

I think there is an affinity with Motorbike users, its the two wheeled thing versus the four wheel demon. Not got a Land rover but also get a lot of funny looks sat in me audi letting cyclists go and overtaking with plenty of room. Have also notice in the past few weeks Horse riders starting to be more pleasant to cyclists.

It may be that it has been sunny too ..

mcb2080

I have both a 125 scooter as well as my bikes, when on the scooter I always nod to other two wheel users. I find that all scooter riders give me a nod back, some cyclist will as well, although I think they are puzzled as to why they are getting the nod, most motorbike riders seem to be embarrassed noding to a scooter.

Seems to be a hierarchy / snobbery, dunno why as we are all just two wheel users.

thomas

the tank engine
mcb2080 said:
I have both a 125 scooter as well as my bikes, when on the scooter I always nod to other two wheel users. I find that all scooter riders give me a nod back, some cyclist will as well, although I think they are puzzled as to why they are getting the nod, most motorbike riders seem to be embarrassed noding to a scooter.

Seems to be a hierarchy / snobbery, dunno why as we are all just two wheel users.

Same with roadies and MTBers tbh. I don't normally nod to motorbikers because I don't expect one back. Have had nods though.

I'll be tearing around on a scooter this summer to will just nod to everyone :sad:

mcb2080

thomas said:
Same with roadies and MTBers tbh. I don't normally nod to motorbikers because I don't expect one back. Have had nods though.

I'll be tearing around on a scooter this summer to will just nod to everyone :sad:

Same, I have a road bike as well as a hybrid and have also had similar experiences with roadies thinking that they are top of the food chain:wacko:

We will both be like the churchill nodding dog then:laugh:

Top Bottom