nice old bas***d

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
They unscrew.

I have one valve key dust cap on each of my bikes.

If nowt else, it's easier to fully deflate a punctured tube if the valve core is removed.

Nice pic here, cheaper versions are available:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1706...1=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Riding home from work one evening I ended up flying over my own handle bars. A car went to pull out from a junction but stopped at the last second. This was the part where I flew over the handlebars trying to brake in time. I ended up on my back in the middle of the road. I felt fine, backpack must have cushioned the fall. I got up, got back on my bike and just shouted "missed" at the car that pulled out on me (I didnt actually hit anyone or anything). There was other traffic behind me but nobody stopped to ask if I was alright, Im just another bloody cyclist.
While riding home I notice one of my brake levers were out of position which was easily corrected. I must have caught my knee on the handlebar as it was a little sore, although not enough to prevent me from cycling. At least it proved my front brake does a good job.

atbman

Veteran
Whilst any accident is not pleasant, it is deplorable when one of those involved fails to stop. How any human can be so insensitive to fail to see a fellow human is ok is beyond me.

On a different note, I must take issue with you regarding the title of this thread. If the driver had been black, would you have entitled the thread "Nice black bas***d" or if they had been muslim would you have entitled the thread "Nice Muslim bas***d"

So, why do you feel it is fine to entitle the thread this way?

It is not even that you have any evidence that the age of the driver was in anyway connected to the incident.

No doubt I will get flamed for this post, but it seems its fine to insult and abuse some groups and absolutely unacceptable to insult other groups

Aboslutely. I'm in my 70s and I am totally outraged that all us oldsters should be tarred this way. How dare the OP title his post in a way which might lead to other people assuming that his age had anything to do with his poor driving. I intend to write a letter to the papers - probably The Guardian. They'll support my case against ageism. Altho' come to think of it, the DM will probably be better as the story would include a cyclist

Top Bottom