nice slow ride home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Ridden in every day this week (although I admit to taking the office scooter home last night and back in this morning).

legs are pooped.

Took heed of Ianrauk's recent post and decided to make an effort to take a gentle ride home. I set a maximum top speed limit in my mind and stuck below it.

it was really enjoyable, less wind noise, less sweating, less puffing. Weather is smashing down in London and made it all the better.Only actually took me 15 minutes longer than usual (for the full 20 miles including a loop around Hyde park).

However I felt a little exposed at times (on major junctions) by travelling at a lower speed so and felt I had to put my foot down to clear hazards and the like, which was a surprising consequence.

Regardless, I think I shall make this a regular Friday thing.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
you dont have to go at full pelt to enjoy the ride

D

Deleted member 1258

I always ride easy on the commute, theres no need to treat it like a race, I'm in the habit of leaving about a quarter of an hour early in the morning, means I have time to fix a puncture if I have one and still get in on time, normally that means I have time for a coffee before I start work, I'm also riding in my work clothes so don't want to go too berserk.

Top Bottom