nicked car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
quick help me i've nicked a car, where do i dump it?!

sorry just wanted to ask what would you do if you found a dumped car, just i found one today blocking the pedestrian path next a busy A road.
I have just called the non emergency police 101 number and reported it with make, model, reg plate and location

and person on other end of phone said she will send someone out to asses it (near side totally gouged in and probably a cat B or even A write off)
Cheers Ed

stephec

Legendary Member
You've probably done all you can do now.

It take it all back about the youth of today. :biggrin:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Nick the alloy wheels and flog em on ebay :thumbsup:
only being a small car i could go along tonight with trolly jack and drop the engine out and maybe the whole trans and the alloy's would come off in a couple mins max, had some pretty nice looking after market seats and prob a nice radio. what else, aftermarket can?

anyone looking for honda type R engine or wheels etc?
could make some pennies here!
Cheers Ed

You've done the right thing. One of three things should now happen:

1. It's nicked and gets recovered by police
2. It's not nicked and we tell the council who put a seven day notice on it and they recover it after that period has passed
3. Boy racer's father comes and recovers the car that his son was driving too fast with too little experience (/stereotyping)

Quite often though it's hidden option 4. The council leave it for a month or so until they get enough complaints, as the police get all the calls and take the flak!

We had one that was around for ages in deteriorating state, and no-one took responsibility

Stuck a "for sale" notice on it and it was moved within 24 hours!

MarkF

Guru
Is it locked? A couple of occasions I've thought that my car had been nicked, only I'd not put on the handbrake..........

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Is it locked? A couple of occasions I've thought that my car had been nicked, only I'd not put on the handbrake..........

I once thought that my car was nicked and just after I rang the police to report its theft, I found it at the end of the street where I'd parked it to call in at the post office on my way home and I'd completed the journey on foot.

byegad

Legendary Member
I used to live in a flat above a shop and the access area round the back used to get a dumped car every so often. I called the police each time I spotted one. The first few times they sent someone to look at the car then quizzed me about it, as if I'd nicked it! By the fifth or sixth one they just thanked me and had them towed away. I was there for 4-5 years and must have seen a good sized car parks worth of nicked vehicles. There was a footpath from the shops to the local council estate and the local yoofs didn't believe in walking home after a night out.

Top Bottom