FNRttC Night Ride Cardiff to Swansea Friday 18th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Do you have the right maps for Avignon?
None at all. The train driver will, I hope, take us to the TGV station without hesitation, repetition or deviation and there is another train to the central station and someone else in the party has booked the flat.
The Swansea ride looks nice, I must say......

swansonj

Guru
A glorious morning at our destination...
View attachment 104127
Just because you are a disproportionately fortunate and clever bast*** for having arranged your life to live in such a glorious location as that, do you really have to rub the noses of the rest of us in it with such snaps of your morning commute?

Reactions: srw
Anyone riding it from London, or is the lure of RWC at HQ too much?
Hope you have a perfect ride, and a bit of rugby banter at the meet.

I had been notionally thinking about it, but sadly too many other things to do today, to fit it in. Sometimes I think it's a real pain having to work...........still, less than 8 years until I (hopefully) retire then I'll have plenty of time.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I had been notionally thinking about it, but sadly too many other things to do today, to fit it in. Sometimes I think it's a real pain having to work...........still, less than 8 years until I (hopefully) retire then I'll have plenty of time.
It was the thought of all the nagging from the ride leaders that put you off, didn't it? :smile:

OP
OP
U

User482

We'll see each other in passing & on the platform then?

If it's anything like the trains I take for the rides leaving Wellington Arch, you'll have no trouble finding unreserved seats in coach A.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Just because you are a disproportionately fortunate and clever bast*** for having arranged your life to live in such a glorious location as that, do you really have to rub the noses of the rest of us in it with such snaps of your morning commute?

If it's any consolation, I've f***ed it up spectacularly in other ways...

It was the thought of all the nagging from the ride leaders that put you off, didn't it? :smile:
No - it would have been a good day to ride weather-wise today, and it's only 154 fairly flat miles for me. And of course I'm well versed in the diversionary route of the train from Newport if I got behind schedule, having done that twice now!

Maybe next year.

Wobblers

Euthermic
No - it would have been a good day to ride weather-wise today, and it's only 154 fairly flat miles for me. And of course I'm well versed in the diversionary route of the train from Newport if I got behind schedule, having done that twice now!

Maybe next year.

So I'll see both you and @mistral at Chepstow once again? :smile:

On an unrelated note, it's turned out to be a surprisingly sunny and calm evening here in the grim Northwest - I'm now even sadder that I won't be joining you. Have a good ride!

Top Bottom