Night riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

I couldn't sleep so went out about half 3, just got back after a 30 mile Cheshire lanes ride. How nice to have nothing but rabbits and bats for company until about 5am when daylight kicked in. Felt myself going good guns most of the way although the outward bound avg speed of 12.4 belies that - possibly that was down in part to taking the first few miles easy as warm-up, and I may well have been more cautious in the dark than I thought I was being. Home run from Knutsford I managed a 16.1 mph average which for me is something of a miracle!

Hurrah for the nighttime!

Stu

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
My commute involves a very early start, 4:30 !
But it's great to ride on deserted roads seeing all the urban wildlife etc., foxes and the occasional deer !
As long as you are wearing the correct gear the early morning cold shouldn't be a problem.

geo

Early morning rides are awesome, regularly go out 6.30 -7 on a sunday morning and its wonderful. So worth the getting up for

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
That's why I like cycling early in the morning, you generally don't get harassed by anything other than the occasional taxi and Asda lorry.

Riding about at 3 or 4 am, without sounding all Ron Batty, I have seen things you people wouldn't beleive!
Nay, I believe it all! :laugh:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
early morning rides are easier as roads less busy , i enjoy them as often as poss

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

Got in at ten tonight after six hours in the saddle. Including rest/photo stops etc. 70 miles in the end. Well chuffed! Can't really call it night riding although the last hour was getting there.

Stu

Top Bottom