Night riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Not some tenuous link to a David Hasslehoff thread. Has anyone gone out riding at night with that as the intention, rather than being out when it got dark and rode home? Riding in the dark, although slower than in daylight, can be safer with less traffic and be good fun as well.

Noodley

I often go out at night, on my own. Much better than having to listen to simon twiterring on I bet ;);)

vince

Night riding is fun, but has dangers of its own. You can't see potholes in the road as easily and traffic may be able to see you if you have bright lights, but is often travelling much faster.

It's the only time that I listen to music when I'm riding as you often can't see much. I find a little Petzl LED headtorch handy to see my cycle computer and check gears etc. too.

Moonlight

Yeah, me and my mate often go along the prom a night, no speed limits or bluddy tourists. Leave at 10pm, back home by 4am. Good stuff. I personally hate cars and there are hardly any at night, so it's much more enjoyable.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm a regular night-time rider. The reasons include fitting-in with family duties, the tranquility, avalability of buddies to ride with, the smell of myriad resteraunts and the interesting night-time scenery of Oxford :ohmy:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Working shifts, i sometimes commute in the dark & quite enjoy it, especially on the quiet country roads :ohmy:
Maybe we could organise a big night ride in East Yorks ?

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Also work shifts so I often cycle to or from work in the dark. I have been known to go on a ride during my meal break when on night shifts at about 02:30 am for an hours ride.

Top Bottom