Nighttime Bike Adventure: Lessons Learned in the Dark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JaseVermin

Last month, I decided to go for a bike ride at night. I didn't have a flashlight. While I was riding in the dark, I accidentally fell into a hole, and it broke my leg. My bike ride didn't turn out as I expected, but after that i decided to get a flashlight and my safety is number one priority

light.jpeg

johnnyb47

Guru
Wow ,I hope your ok and are on the mend.
Cycling at night, you really do need front and rear lights plus ideally reflective clothing if you're cycling on the roads.The state of our roads can hide some nasty surprises in the dark such as pot holes ect , which can be leathal if you hit one unexpectedly.Lights and reflective clothing are also there to help you be seen by other road users.Ive had a few moments in my car where a cyclist is seen at the last moment because they had no lights, reflectors or reflective clothing.
Also a light comes in very handy in the event of a puncture.Faffing around swapping an inner tube in the pitch black ain't much fun..
Hope you get better soon and that this incident hasn't knocked your confidence to much for cycling in the dark.

Top Bottom