Nike neoprene overshoes (How to solve the tearing when walking issue)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...Ok I know I shouldnt walk in them at all but it is unavoidable...like from the house to the garage and up serious hills etc...

These overshoes are simply neoprene (no soles) so they tear and fray on hard surfaces. Today i solved the dilema with some simple gaffa tape applied whilst the shoes are over the road shoes. This is simple (and easy to remember), cheap, lightweight and it works. It is also reversable and repalceable after serious wear.

I am sure I am not the first to figure this out...but it took me a while:rolleyes:

mikeitup

Veteran
re

good ole gaffa tape!

You shouldn't really have to tape up your overshoes though should you?
Who do they test them on, people who can levitate?

I am in a quandary at the mo as to which overshoes to get.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I only got these because they were all i could find to cover my size 13 shoes. If i could I would get some with proper soles on them and waterproof ones.

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I only got these because they were all i could find to cover my size 13 shoes. If i could I would get some with proper soles on them and waterproof ones.

Size 13??? :evil:

My god you do have big plates. Bet you had to have an oversized wah made didn't you?
Or do you use a morley? :biggrin:

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Just to say I ordered a pair of PRO Endure H20 overshoes and have been using them this last week.
I think they are very good. Made from fleece with a PU waterproof coating they fit my shimano spds like a glove. The toe, side and heel is reinforced with kevlar and they zip up at the back nicely. There is a velcro closer at the top too. Did i mention reflectives on the side and rear as well.

well worth a look. (thanks again to CRC :blush:)

domtyler

Über Member
I believe I have a possible solution and explanation for your problem.

You are using SPD type pedals are you not? If so, this is the source of your trouble, the shoes are really designed for use with SPD-SL type pedals. These have a rear rubber stud and a pontoon on the cleat with two more rubber studs, the studs are what you walk on. On my overshoes I have cut out the material to uncover the studs and the neoprene then remains untouched as you walk.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
domtyler said:
I believe I have a possible solution and explanation for your problem.

You are using SPD type pedals are you not? If so, this is the source of your trouble, the shoes are really designed for use with SPD-SL type pedals. These have a rear rubber stud and a pontoon on the cleat with two more rubber studs, the studs are what you walk on. On my overshoes I have cut out the material to uncover the studs and the neoprene then remains untouched as you walk.

Gonna say much the same, with my Endura Neoprenes only the heel of my shoe (exposed) and the Look cleat contact the road. The Neoprene is cut around these parts and never contacts the road (plus I don't walk up hills :wacko:).

Top Bottom