Nitromors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Since I wrote moaning about Nitromors there has been a developement. We have a friend who owns an engineering factory and it turns out he has a sand blaster in his factory. I have been up there a few times to use his lathe and other bits and have never noticed the sand blast bay. He isn't 100% sure the frame will fit in it, but the forks certainly will. We are also pretty sure that should the frame be too big we will find a workaround somehow. He does overhaul and recondition some big machinery so fingers crossed. So that's what I will be doing tomorrow.

talisman50082

and the best is to make it yourself. caustic soda in wallpaper paste , make it as strong as you want
Works well.

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
and the best is to make it yourself. caustic soda in wallpaper paste , make it as strong as you want

I never know with you wicked lot, I take it that is serious or are you having a joke ;)

Edited: I take it all back, I just googled it and it's right!

Last edited:
OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Went to the factory this morning. The frame was a bit big for the cabinet although I was able to do all the nooks and crannies around the head tube and bottom bracket. I will be getting some wallpaper paste this afternoon and will try the caustic mix tomorrow on the bits that are left needing stripping, mainly the chain and seat stays.

The forks stripped off a treat and are ready to paint. I will keep them indoors for now to slow down them going rusty until the frame is done.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
There are two type now, a Yellow and a Green (might have got the colours wrong)
One contains solvent, and works, the other is solvent free... and doesn't.
The solvent one is trickier to track down but it does do the job. Not quite as well as it used to as I think they stopped putting DCM in it.

EDIT: Looks as if the Yellow has been pulled now

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Just went onto Mylands website and found this which explains a lot

"Full compliance to the HSE REACH Dichloromethane (DCM) Restrictions and our Terms and Conditions declaration below must be adhered to.

Please Note:
As of 6th December 2011 due to European Regulation No. 276/2010, Paint Strippers containing Dichloromethane (DCM) are only available for sale to Professional Users and used in Industrial Installations (proof will be required). We are sorry to say from 6th December 2011 we are not able to supply this item to the general public. As of 6th June 2012 the use of DCM based paint strippers by Professionals outside industrial installations, ie on site, has also been banned.

To comply with the regulations, along with a copy of your letter headed paper, all customers are required to complete and return by email or fax the following DCM Paint Stripper Terms and Conditions declaration:"

Damn does this mean i need to sleep with a tradesman ;)

Top Bottom