Nitromors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I have been trying to strip the paint off a Peugeot bike. Years ago a brushing with Nitromors and a half hour wait and you could almost wipe off the paint with a damp cloth. I today bought a new tin of Nitromors and coated the frame, then again after half hour (almost according to the directions). Several hours later the paint hasn't even started bubbling and it seems as hard as when I started. £8 down the drain. I am now looking at getting the job done by powder coaters, it is easier.

My verdict on Nitromors.......Rubbish.

G3CWI

Veteran
It probably used to contain some nasty solvent that is far too dangerous for you to use nowadays. There are lots of things that are not half as good as they used to be.

Incidentally - tipping it down the drain is probably still illegal.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Compo you are not going mad.

I do a bit of furniture restoration and back in the summer i popped into the local hardwear shop to get some and the owner told me the company had changed the recipie.

Local conspiracy theory is it makes you buy more.

Personally i'm on the hunt for another brand.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Nitromors (with new improved ingredients) is almost as disappointing as one of these...

516LwzaupkL._SY355_.jpg

...almost.

sittingbull

Veteran
Nitromors has apparently had the stuffing knocked out of it. According to this thread Supadec is the stuff to use. Although Supadec also apparently has a new formula.

You could always try it and report back on your findings ;)

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Sits great with lemonade.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Nitromors has apparently had the stuffing knocked out of it. According to this thread Supadec is the stuff to use. Although Supadec also apparently has a new formula.

You could always try it and report back on your findings ;)
Its biodegradable which means its kind to the environment.

I want it to be nasty :gun:to the enviroment im putting it on and strip away 60yrs worth of paint not just lie there and chew the fat.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Last edited:
Top Bottom