no blasted lights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
2756411 said:
But can't resit telling us that that is what you are doing, thus spoiling the standing back bit.
Have you ever heard the expression "could cause an argument in an empty room"?

:rolleyes:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I look after myself and mine. We are lit up like Christmas trees at this time of the year, and we are in Denmark where we spend 90% of time on cycle paths away from the traffic. In the summer we usually wear viz vests.

The police are very keen on making sure we are light up and regularly stop cyclists who are not.

Having said that I nearly ran into a dog walker on 2 consecutive days last week. She was dressed in black with a black dog at 5.30am. On the second day I stopped and gave her a small clip on rear light which I had in my bag and she wears it every day now.

I think if you dont light up at this time of the year and you get run over, you only have yourself to blame. I have no sympathy.

Steve

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Tiny,

If people want to ride around in the dark and get splattered by big trucks or cars, who am I to complain? This is not inhumane. They know the risks and have known the risks for years but cannot be bothered to do anything about it. If they are run over because they cannot be seen, whos fault is it?

But I do have sympathy for the driver who has to live with the fact that they have killed someone because of no fault of their own.

And as for "doing ok". Do you really think I care if you approve or not? Keep your holier than thou attitude because it doesnt have any pull with me.

I say what I think and dont talk round the houses to avoid upsetting delicate souls.

Steve

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I say what I think and dont talk round the houses to avoid upsetting delicate souls.

Don't worry. If necessary we will rush to TMN's side with the smelling-salts.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
But I do have sympathy for the driver who has to live with the fact that they have killed someone because of no fault of their own.

No fault? The poor dears. If only simple means of avoiding such misery were available to them - such as slowing down, anticipating the presence of others and/or simply looking where they are going before rolling lethal heavy machinery into or over flesh and bone, eh?

StuUngar

Anecdote. I was riding down a quiet road at night, with lights, no cars about. I then noticed a red flashing light coming towards me on the other side of the road NOT on the pavement.

Yes, you guessed it, this cretin was actually riding into traffic, on the road with a REAR light on his handlebars! I am certain he was foreign as there are loads where we live, but still. What a ***t!

True story.

StuUngar

[QUOTE 2757028, member: 1314"]So you saw him? That's good.[/quote]

Yes but a car is surely going to think that he was coming towards the back - not head on!

StuUngar

[QUOTE 2757045, member: 1314"]...anyway, what's the foreigner thing got to do with it, even if he was a foreigner? What you mean by a foreigner, anyway?[/quote]

I mean he was foreign - from another country -not a hard concept to grasp is it?

Maybe in his country red lights at the front and cycling into traffic is what they do...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
2757078 said:
What would constitute foreign in that context? Should I swap all lights front to back next time I cross the water?
Come to think of it, I've decided the muppet on the bike path was probably English.

Top Bottom