No good deed goes unpunished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
So here's my view as I approach a junction:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...=SZjeu9JEzbiIIahtolZlIw&cbp=12,10.27,,0,12.37

Guy rolls along to the junction on the right, looks, and unusually, stops at the give way lines. I'm practically directly opposite the give way point as I nod and raise a hand in thanks for actually stopping for me, making eye contact with the driver ... and the bugger suddenly pulls out right into my path!

I'm not sure how you can mistake a 'raised hand thanks' for a 'wave hand move on through', but I decided to make sure he understood what I meant by a loud and sarcastic "no that's not what I meant!" as he passed about three feet in front of me.

*sigh*

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Jezston said:
So here's my view as I approach a junction:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...=SZjeu9JEzbiIIahtolZlIw&cbp=12,10.27,,0,12.37

Guy rolls along to the junction on the right, looks, and unusually, stops at the give way lines. I'm practically directly opposite the give way point as I nod and raise a hand in thanks for actually stopping for me, making eye contact with the driver ... and the bugger suddenly pulls out right into my path!

I'm not sure how you can mistake a 'raised hand thanks' for a 'wave hand move on through', but I decided to make sure he understood what I meant by a loud and sarcastic "no that's not what I meant!" as he passed about three feet in front of me.

*sigh*

Oh man what a git, I totally feel for you there Jezston.

bauldbairn

Jezston said:
Oh man what a git, I totally feel for you there Jezston.

:biggrin: - :biggrin:

I've given up acknowledging drivers courteous behaviour until the manouver is complete and I'm past safely. Especially on rounabouts - as I've had a few pull out after clearly stopping at the give way.

Tynan

Veteran
I always tell them to get on with it, in a polite way

That sort of thing causes accidents, sometime while the two of you are nodding and waving someone else will take advantage, people should get on with it rather than fanny around, it's quicker most times

Top Bottom