No more BP meds for me..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was prescribed Ramipril for HBP about 12 months ago.

Started off at 2.5mg but rose to the maximum 10mg very quickly.

Anyhoo, my recent weight loss, (currently -40lbs), and my current BP average of 126/79 has led my GP to tell me to stop taking it altogether :wahhey:

I check it daily anyway and will continue do so, and if my average goes up above 135/85 I'll have to go back on them, but only at 5mg.

There maybe no point to this post but I fancied a brag TBH, and just to say that BP meds don't have to be for life if you make the changes required :okay:

Slick

Guru
Excellent.

The weight loss alone is if you pardon the pun, massive. Lots of people find it very difficult so brag away and well done. :thumbsup:

classic33

Leg End Member
You could stop the booze, smoking, lower the salt intake, lower the sugar intake. Cut the amount of fat eaten. Reduce stress levels. Get/keep regular sleeping hours. Maybe do a bit of exercise, now and then....

Here's hoping you manage to stay off them. Best o'luck.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
You could stop the booze, smoking, lower the salt intake, lower the sugar intake. Cut the amount of fat eaten. Reduce stress levels. Get/keep regular sleeping hours. Maybe do a bit of exercise, now and then.....

Virtually don't drink, don't smoke, and I've overhauled my diet to the healthiest it's ever been :okay:

Me and sleep have had some issues over the last 20+ years and not sure I can change that :sad:

I'm back on the bike more than I have been in probably 4 or 5 years, hell I'm even back doing a touch of jogging :ohmy:

So all in all I'm very happy the way things are going :cheers:

classic33

Leg End Member
Virtually don't drink, don't smoke, and I've overhauled my diet to the healthiest it's ever been :okay:

Me and sleep have had some issues over the last 20+ years and not sure I can change that :sad:

I'm back on the bike more than I have been in probably 4 or 5 years, hell I'm even back doing a touch of jogging
:ohmy:

So all in all I'm very happy the way things are going :cheers:
Only 20 years.

As for the jogging.....

Mrs M

Guru
I was prescribed Ramipril for HBP about 12 months ago.

Started off at 2.5mg but rose to the maximum 10mg very quickly.

Anyhoo, my recent weight loss, (currently -40lbs), and my current BP average of 126/79 has led my GP to tell me to stop taking it altogether :wahhey:

I check it daily anyway and will continue do so, and if my average goes up above 135/85 I'll have to go back on them, but only at 5mg.

There maybe no point to this post but I fancied a brag TBH, and just to say that BP meds don't have to be for life if you make the changes required :okay:
Well done, great result :okay:

Lonestar

Veteran
You could stop the booze, smoking, lower the salt intake, lower the sugar intake. Cut the amount of fat eaten. Reduce stress levels. Get/keep regular sleeping hours. Maybe do a bit of exercise, now and then....

Here's hoping you manage to stay off them. Best o'luck.

Done most of that apart from the shift work which doesn't help....also bought a turbo trainer...that helped me shed about the same amount of weight.

Top Bottom