No More Hero Anymore...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Oh no - that is sad. I was a great fan.....saw the Stranglers at Kings College in London in 1976. I was a fresh faced undergraduate and mighty impressed with them.

RIP

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Very sad news. I've been a admirer since Rattus Norvegicus. We had tickets to see them in Brixton in November at the end of their final tour.
RIP.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Very sad :ohmy:.
My first ever concert was the Stranglers in Osaka, Japan. October 1978 or thereabouts, at the time I was a spotty 16 year old apprentice Deck Officer in the Merchant Navy with P&O.. Great days and fantastic memories. Thanks Dave and the rest of the band; legends.

Mrs M

Guru
:sad:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That’s sad, one of my fave bands in the olden days, saw them at Canterbury Odeon.

Someone on FB linked their version of Walk On By , which reminded me I have the album and the free off white single that came with it on which that track was released. I just dug it out. I don’t think I’ve played it in forty years.

Edit: on second thoughts the single was white I think it has discoloured over the last 42 years.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sad news. I remember buying the double A side Peaches and Go Buddy Go,probably about July 1977. I made my own No More Heroes badge out of a 'poppy appeal' poppy and a cut out of the words from a single sleeve then varnished over,when me and my two mates were the 'only punk rockers in town'.

My favourite Stranglers song.

Last edited:
Top Bottom