No new members?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I just logged out on the PC and got the black Join Us box at the bottom right, i.e. it seems to be working fine here). Is it a phone browser issue, perhaps?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Top of the screen only, with below that the message, rest of the page is a "white out".
Not on the joining screen but on any of the rest of the site viewing as a guest. I'm assuming they can see enough of the site to want to join.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not on the joining screen but on any of the rest of the site viewing as a guest. I'm assuming they can see enough of the site to want to join.
Rest of the site was okay. It was the logging in/new members part that was blank. On all six sites.

classic33

Leg End Member
As it appears today
cc.png

classic33

Leg End Member
Is this browser dependent or something? Chrome on the Mac

View attachment 86810
Brought up the new account screen on IE at home. As well as the error message.
Had the same error screen with Firefox & Chrome.

Same screen whichever of the three ways you try to get to the new account screen. Today at least.( Added in edit).

Same message across all six forums though.

Last edited:

Shaun

Founder
Thanks for reporting it. I installed a spam blocking utility recently that allows me to auto-block registrations from specific countries that massively spam us, and also allows me to deny registration from any connection that hides its header information (a key feature of anonymous proxies that are used by people wishing to troll / spam / hide their IP address / location / etc.)

It is likely your friend was using such proxy connection - either unknowingly via their ISP or perhaps via a software tool or browser privacy setting - but this isn't the intended use of the utility so I've disabled the header proxy settings which will hopefully tone down the aggression of the tool.

I've also disabled the default "Not accepting registrations" message and replaced it with one that encourages people to get in touch - along with a link to our contact page:
Our anti-spam measures have detected a problem with your connection and blocked you from registering at this time. If you believe this is an error please get in touch

I'll post an announcement in the site news forum to let anyone know who's received a knock-back recently to try again - we're certainly still open for business and wanting lots of new members. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Note: I've made this change across all of the forum sites! ;)

Top Bottom