No riding today just fix my fence :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
So due to the strong winds i wont be riding this morning but will be fixing my fence :sad:

Anyone else fence blown down or is it just mine ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Well one panel is down and the others have a wobble going so might just leave it till it all goes.

Can see my bike funds going to a new fence.

BrynCP

Über Member
Gate blew open last night and snapped the catch off.

It's far too windy to even contemplate riding my bike though, 30mph. My car passed a gap between two buildings last night and shook to one side, I'd have been off!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
if it rains much more today, my kitchen ceiling may well fall in.... the paper came off yesterday due to it's inability to hold water, revealing some very mouldy, very damp, and very cracked plaster.

But I'm feeling a bit smug.... I told the landlady a year ago that some flashing had come off around the chimney, and have reminded her numerous times to get it sorted, otherwise it'll become a very costly job... and now it is.

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
if it rains much more today, my kitchen ceiling may well fall in.... the paper came off yesterday due to it's inability to hold water, revealing some very mouldy, very damp, and very cracked plaster.

But I'm feeling a bit smug.... I told the landlady a year ago that some flashing had come off around the chimney, and have reminded her numerous times to get it sorted, otherwise it'll become a very costly job... and now it is.

The joys of renting ! :thumbsup:

Hope you were insured cyberknight. I had 2 fence panels down overnight, one landing on my daughters car but no damage. I have now reinforced the 2 with wooden battens.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It's a bit drafty in Whittlesea but the draught beer is keeping me in the bars and out of the wind.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hope you were insured cyberknight. I had 2 fence panels down overnight, one landing on my daughters car but no damage. I have now reinforced the 2 with wooden battens.
Indeed , its been a bad few weeks what with the oven packing up , daughters bed breaking and now this .To top it off looks like no ride tomorrow due to wind and family commitments .

Top Bottom