1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Yellow Jersey

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by chris42, 26 Jul 2007.

1. chris42

chris42 New Member

Reports on BBc site that there will be no yellow jersey today!

2. gavintc

gavintc Guru

I did wonder as technically, Rasmussen won it fairly. He was withdrawn by his team rather being disqualified by the Tour.

3. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Seems silly.

If Rasmussen doesn't start, then he is definitely out. So Contador wears the yellow.

Seems simple to me.

If he can't wear yellow today, he can't wear it in Paris, surely.

Seems stupid to leave it out just for a day

4. OP
    OP
    chris42

chris42 New Member

I think he will 'win' it today and be presented with it after the stage.

5. giant man

giant man New Member

I think by his efforts so far in the Tour, and the departure of the yellow jersey, Contador deserves the yellow jersey.

Did you see him with his little sprints which Rasmussen couldn't keep up with the other day? He deserves it!

6. Blonde

Blonde New Member

Perhaps there should just be a slightly off yellow, muddy one instead.

7. No, the rider in yellow has been 'withdrawn', Contador is the rider in second place, so he can't wear yellow.

He can do the stage in white, then when he's the leader tonight, then he can wear yellow.

8. trio25

trio25 Über Member

I think it is because they want to present the yellow jersey, as oppose to here you are you wear it by default.

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

rasmussen was still the leader of the tour (and eligible to wear yellow) up until the sign in this morning, as he had not been thrown out of the race by the organisers but sacked by rabobank.

contador was in second place, hence would be wearing the white jersey of the best young rider.

10. fuzzy29

fuzzy29 New Member

Worth remembering this year for that pub quiz question of "what year did the Tour de France have two stages without a wearer of the yellow jersey?"

11. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

have you seen who has been given the polka dot!! :thumbsup:

rasmussen.jpg