Noisy gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Just the one, new bike, Ultegra 11 speed 11- 32
Clicking noise in 7th gear in big ring. Washed the bike tonight and cleaned everything lubed the chain.
I can hear it whilst riding so put on workstand and I can both hear and feel it. Turning the pedal by hand with a finger resting on the rear cage I can feel the click. The sprocket looks OK I suspected a damaged tooth but no evidence. Bizarre. Any thoughts other than take it back to Ribble?

Skibird

Poosibly the deralia ( I have no idea how you spell it, hubby just said it to me) needs adjusting?

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Ta, it's been back twice already, both times for noises first time they adjusted cables second time they replaced the BB.

Will play with cable adjuster.

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Horrible click developed on about the 4th ride. It was changed by Ribble without fuss but also no apology.

I must admit I expected more from Ultegra. My CR1 has Tiagra, after two years I changed the BB and Cassette and fitted a KMC chain. It is whisper quiet which is more than can be said for the new bike.

screenman

Legendary Member
Rear mech alignment.

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Had a play this afternoon, put it in 7th on the workstand, fiddled with the barrel adjuster and the noise went away.
One of life's mysteries as to why just one gear was affected by incorrect cable tension.

Thanks to all who offered advice. :okay:

Top Bottom