Nokia DC-14 Bike Charger - anyone used it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
I've not really been in the market for a mobile phone charger up till now, but on the last couple of trips faffing asking to use a socket during pub stops all the time I would like some way to keep topped up.

Anyone used one? Does it do what it sez on the tin? For 30-ish quid seems a good way of keeping charged between stops. The output socket is the Nokia one, but they also sell and adaptor for about 3 quid (plus seems people hack up the cable and stick a USB socket on them themselves).

OP
OP
Bodhbh

Bodhbh

Guru

Gotte

I was looking at this, myself a while back. I did some asking around on other forums to see if it would charge a bigger smart phone General consensus was it would. Only downside I can see is that it uses a bottle dynamo, which, as you probably know, is not ideal (unless you have different tourers with differing wheel sizes, which you want to swap it between - as I do).

Edit: Just read this review: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

I'd check your phone beforehand.

Dear Bodhbh
I hope you find the information below useful.

I work for a company called Bike2Power. We specialize in bicycle-powered USB chargers for smartphones and other mobile devices. Our devices will power your Nokia as well as other electronics you may have such as lights, mp3 players, etc. We ship our products to UK as well and have many touring cyclists customers from UK as well.

Please see our website here: www.bike2power.com

I hope you find this information useful. This message is in no way meant as spam or disrespectful to this forum.

Thanks,
Julia

OP
OP
Bodhbh

Bodhbh

Guru
Cheers Gotte and Julia. I'll have a proper look at the website later (I'm at work atm). But no, it's not spam, it's useful info.

Top Bottom