Noob here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
:welcome: enjoy the forum.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome. I used to work in Broomfield. How about considering getting a folder to cover both ends?Maybe a Brompton, Dahon or similar.

vickster

Legendary Member
He's bought a hybrid however :smile:

The issue with Boris bikes is you aren't guaranteed to find one at a main station if arriving in the rush hour and depending on where your place of work is, you might find the docking stations are full. There's an app I think will tell you, but useful to have plan b

Stations are hot spots for bike theft so make sure you have a couple of strong locks

OP
OP
goonerfromlag

goonerfromlag

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. @Cycleops got the hybrid already, @vickster I experienced the unavailable docking station dilemma on Friday. I won't be riding it till my almax chain & lock arrives, also plan on teaming it with a mini u lock.

OP
OP
goonerfromlag

goonerfromlag

Ok, picked up the bike & rode ~ 2 miles home yesterday & the same distance to the train station this morning. I changed the seat for a larger, better padded one but boy! is it uncomfortable. Will dig out those padded cycling shorts I've got stashed away asap.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Saddles are a difficult subject and everyone has their own ideas.What I can can tell you is the more padded the less the comfort., you need one that fits your behind best. I can't say buy this or that as we are all different. You might have to try several before you find the right one.

If you haven't ridden a bike much before you backside needs to acclimatise. It will get easier with time.