Noob Maintenance Book / Downloads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akb

Veteran
Apologies if this has been done to death; I have tried a CC search but not had anything come up.

I think that it is about time to clean and give the commuter a good check after it being on the road now since April. All I have done is hosed down after a wet ride home and spray lubed the chain.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good book or maybe a .pdf download that I can print out to assist in the cleaning and general maintenance of the commuter. I have had a look on amazon etc but there are so many I thought best to get some recommendations from CC. If it helps, my commuter is a Trek T10 Hybrid.

Cheers in advance,

Anil.

Off the top of my head, there's the Park Tools maintenance section, Sheldon Brown, Bike Tutor (although only the text is free, you have to pay for the video) and numerous youtube videos. Wrt to hose your bike down it can do damage and IMO should be avoided, it forces lube/grease out of the internal bits you can't see and can blast stone chippings, etc against the frame or in to these less accessible areas.

You can get all you need from YouTube videos - they pretty well cover most things you are likely to need.

Please bear in mind that even something simple like cleaning a chain will have several methods of actually achieving this feat and each method will have it's own Tifosi ready and willing to slag other methods off.

Top Bottom