Nooooo....Nooooo....Oooooer....Yeukkk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
gbb said:
Am i REALLY the only one who never wears padded shorts / longs ?

I honestly dont suffer...i just dont get it, surely i'm not the only one :evil:

16 miles is just a short run...25 to 35 miles in the summers my normal distance....and i still dont get problems with underwear.

I'm guessing from the tumbleweed replies then you are or no one is willing to own up. I used to, many years ago before I was offered a cheap pair of 2nd hand shorts which converted me to the dark lycra side forever. :evil:

Monst

gbb.

try a 50/75/100 mile ride and then you will discover why cyclists should not wear bill grundies under cycling shorts...

Dave5N

Über Member
I used 'proper' bottoms as a teenager (They had proper chamois pads in those days) :evil:

Then went for years in normal clothes, just got used to it I s'pose. Now I'm middle aged though and have a car I tend to ride more for pleasure than convenience so I use proper shorts again (Which are approximately one billion times better now).

simonali

Guru
Crackle said:
I'm guessing from the tumbleweed replies then you are or no one is willing to own up. I used to, many years ago before I was offered a cheap pair of 2nd hand shorts which converted me to the dark lycra side forever. :becool:

S/H shorts? Rather wear pants and jeans mefinks!

Dave5N said:
I used 'proper' bottoms as a teenager (They had proper chamois pads in those days) :smile:

Then went for years in normal clothes, just got used to it I s'pose. Now I'm middle aged though and have a car I tend to ride more for pleasure than convenience so I use proper shorts again (Which are approximately one billion times better now).

Real chamois... used to go like sandpaper after a few washes in the machine and take about 3 days to dry afterwards, didn't it? These young uns don't know how good they got it these days!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
I'm guessing from the tumbleweed replies then you are or no one is willing to own up. I used to, many years ago before I was offered a cheap pair of 2nd hand shorts which converted me to the dark lycra side forever. :becool:

Oh gawld, i feel like wierdo now...:smile::biggrin:

Monst...ive done an odd 50, no problem. But its at the limit of comfort / discomfort. If those mileages, or more were regular...padded would be the order of the day methinks.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[Raises hand proudly and defiantly]
I wear underpants under my padded shorts or longs. M&S 'slips' if you really wanna know. Reason being I actually find it uncomfortable without, and the ol' button mushroom tends to poke out above the pad at the front. Plus, my shorts are so skidmark-free, you could eat your dinner off 'em. :thumbsdown: I don't suffer from chaffing, and often do 50+ miles (except recently).
:becool: Too much information, I guess, but never mind! :smile:

Top Bottom