Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan_h

So, last Friday I crashed, damaged myself and my bike. Yesterday I got back on my bike and rode to work and back, which was great. I went in today, got there at 7:30 am and by 9:00 am had got made redundant and was on my way home!

Depending on when / where I end up working this may well affect my ability to commute to work by bike, then again our family car is a company car, so I guess we will be car free for a while :wacko:

Anyone in the Thames Valley / London area need a C# / ASP.NET / MVC Developer with 16 Years experience, Scrum project management and a bicycle fixation please let me know :hello:

Maz

Guru
Sorry to hear about the job. Really sorry. I hope you do get something sorted soon though.
You seem fairly upbeat about it (considering the smilies), so stay positive!

OP
OP
Dan_h

Dan_h

Thanks Guys. I am fairly upbeat as I think I can get something sorted soon, I hope the next few weeks prove me right. I wont know about redundancy pay etc until tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Orange

Happened to me last year - got told by telephone on the day of my mother's funeral!

The change of jobs though actually allowed me to start cycle commuting - and it was the gardening leave that got me out on the hitherto much under-used bike in the first place.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i dont like to say but bad things can come in 3's

either way bad luck and sure a new chance will come along

OP
OP
Dan_h

Dan_h

i dont like to say but bad things can come in 3's

I was off the bike for a couple of weeks at the start of the year due to illness, perhaps that is one, the crash is two and the redundancy is three? :unsure:

Happened to me last year - got told by telephone on the day of my mother's funeral!

The change of jobs though actually allowed me to start cycle commuting - and it was the gardening leave that got me out on the hitherto much under-used bike in the first place.

The day of your mother's funeral... that sucks!!

Yup, I have some gardening leave. I am planning a 50 miler on Friday plus I have a ride planned for the weekend so hopefully I should be able to keep the mileage up!

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

JRob

Sorry to hear your bad news.

I was made redundant last year and after spending a couple of months cycling every day (fab) I got a much better job, closer to home and with a better salary. I'm not the only one too - I know lots of people who have found new jobs quickly and with better prospects. All in IT.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you're back on your bike to work again :smile:

So, last Friday I crashed, damaged myself and my bike. Yesterday I got back on my bike and rode to work and back, which was great. I went in today, got there at 7:30 am and by 9:00 am had got made redundant and was on my way home!

Depending on when / where I end up working this may well affect my ability to commute to work by bike, then again our family car is a company car, so I guess we will be car free for a while :wacko:

Anyone in the Thames Valley / London area need a C# / ASP.NET / MVC Developer with 16 Years experience, Scrum project management and a bicycle fixation please let me know :hello:
Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you have a very up to date skill set, so should be well positioned.

Top Bottom