Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:sad: Sorry to hear that, C# and MVC are pretty marketable though, if a market exists.

Sorry to hear that. While you are looking, try going freelance for a while with companies that need some help but don't want/need a permanent employee to do it. Your skills should be in good demand.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Thanks Guys. I am fairly upbeat as I think I can get something sorted soon, I hope the next few weeks prove me right. I wont know about redundancy pay etc until tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
So do all your CC mates :hugs: Good luck!

sdr gb

Falling apart
Sorry to hear it Dan. I had it last year and it is a shock, one day you're working then 5 minutes later it's all over and you are running round trying to find all your tools. Make sure you get everything owed to you.

Hope you find something soon.

So, last Friday I crashed, damaged myself and my bike. Yesterday I got back on my bike and rode to work and back, which was great. I went in today, got there at 7:30 am and by 9:00 am had got made redundant and was on my way home!

Depending on when / where I end up working this may well affect my ability to commute to work by bike, then again our family car is a company car, so I guess we will be car free for a while :wacko:

Anyone in the Thames Valley / London area need a C# / ASP.NET / MVC Developer with 16 Years experience, Scrum project management and a bicycle fixation please let me know :hello:

Sorry to hear that. Happened to me in October after 17 years.
In my case there was no redundancy due to a company CVA, so the government paid mine (much lower, but what the hell, it paid off the car loan!).

Clouds do have silver linings, and 'for every door that closes, another opens' etc. I'm happier than I've been in years working with people now that value me much more, doing the same job for the same money.

There's seems to be a lot of demand at the moment for c# and ASP.NET (in various locations). In fact enough that I considered a return to programming. Would have done if I hadn't got an IT Manager job after just 3 weeks.

Direct.gov and a few of the online job searches are a good start (although a bit pretentious). The Job Centre search machines access the Direct.gov database. But the winner for me was contacts, and a spec letter writing campaign.

Your new job is finding a job. But get out on that bike and bounce some endorphins about!

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

the dragster

So, last Friday I crashed, damaged myself and my bike. Yesterday I got back on my bike and rode to work and back, which was great. I went in today, got there at 7:30 am and by 9:00 am had got made redundant and was on my way home!

Depending on when / where I end up working this may well affect my ability to commute to work by bike, then again our family car is a company car, so I guess we will be car free for a while :wacko:

Anyone in the Thames Valley / London area need a C# / ASP.NET / MVC Developer with 16 Years experience, Scrum project management and a bicycle fixation please let me know :hello:

good luck mate :rolleyes:

bobcat

Best of luck Dan.:smile:

Top Bottom