Norfolk Coast Cycleway, Kings Lynn to Great Yarmouth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlamorganGuy

Anyone tackled this ride from Lynn to Gt Yarmouth?

Hoping to do it over two days, so looking for recommendations for a cheap place to stay overnight. Any suggestions for a good mid-ride stop-off, or any advice on the route generally, very gratefully received! Cheers!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes, I did it three years ago, then back along the Two Rivers Way. My route guide is https://cycle.travel/route/norfolk

I started from home near King's Lynn, so didn't stop on the familiar bit of coast. I stopped at Seals between Bacton and Walcott, slightly off the route but I'd recommend it. https://www.sealsbacton.co.uk/

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Awesome, thanks!! Look forward to reading this! Best wishes with your future travels!
Hoping to get my bike on the train to KL and take it from there.

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Cheers, looks ideal, as long as I can get to Bacton from Kings Lynn in one day - maybe I'm being too optimistic there.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Cheers, looks ideal, as long as I can get to Bacton from Kings Lynn in one day - maybe I'm being too optimistic there.

For me and my 10ish mph average, it was possible but left little time for looking around, but I've seen Sandringham, Hunstanton (off route), Ringstead Downs, Holkham, Wells, Walsingham (off route), and many other things west of there, and it was the covid year too (not during lockdown, but lots was still closed). I think I stopped only at Felbrigg and Mundesley.

East of Bacton, I think I stopped at Sea Palling, Horsey Windmill (it wasn't fully open) and Hemsby, then Great Yarmouth.

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Sounds good! I'm not really worried about sightseeing as I know the area well (the west part of it anyway). The lanes zigzag about a fair bit so I wasn't sure how many miles I'd end up travelling, But going along at 10mph sounds do-able to me so I should be OK.

Top Bottom