Norfolk Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bottlemsher

Über Member
09-03-2008

30-35 miles ish(may be more if good weather)

Hi All
Starting at 10:00am at Mike Burrows Rackheath workshop
(look here
Maps of the world, country map search - powered by Multimap)
A gentle ride will take place,thru beautiful Norfolk countryside on lovely quiet lanes.After peeking thru the leafless hedges of posh houses a Cafe break will take place.More miles will then be ridden(more than 5) a
Public House will be invaded by the minions of the darkside and upwrong folk for an intake of sustenance.
A gentle ride back to Rackheath will follow for a look around Mike's workshop.

Any shape of bike and rider welcome

Let me know if you are interested

cheers
Bottlemsher

wafflycat

OOOOH! The calendar may be free that day. In which case, I may turn up. Not sure if I'll be on the 'bent or an upwrong though. Probably the upwrong as I'll have to bring a steed over in me motor most likely. I don't suppose you know the route planned at this stage?

OP
OP
bottlemsher

bottlemsher

Über Member
Hi People
The ride is still on
So far there are 20 plus names down for this ride
Any ability and shape of bike welcome
So come along and have some fun

cheers
Bottlemsher

wafflycat

I'm hoping to get along. But it may be a last minute thing, as I've got to get the offspring back to university that day, as he'll have been at home the previous day (owing to a time trial). If I do get along, it's likley to be sur upwrong as opposed to being sur 'bent.

Edit: to show I'm really a good girl, I was sur 'bent this morning. Honest. Really. 'Twas fun too

Edit again: have mentioned it to the offspring. If he can get his uni coursework load down enough, he's interested in doing the ride too.

Will1985

Über Member
Well the ride is mentioned in the EDP this morning, so perhaps I'll have to see about coming along...don't have a bent and probably can't afford one either. If I do get there, I'll have to have the CycleChat jersey on!

wafflycat

Will1985 said:
Well the ride is mentioned in the EDP this morning, so perhaps I'll have to see about coming along...don't have a bent and probably can't afford one either. If I do get there, I'll have to have the CycleChat jersey on!

I shall be most likely upon Gino, my now somewhat battered Bianchi San Remo tourer. The 'bent is a b*gg*r to get in the car and as I'm slower on the 'bent than on the upwrong ('cos Mr Norbert Frosty is not exactly a lightweight), I'll be sur upwrong. I'm hoping that Mr Wafflycat can make it and perhaps Wafflycat Minor too. Vertainly if the men of the household accompany me, we'll all be sur upwrongs of assorted types.

wafflycat

I'm confused.

EDP today says:-

"Also on Sunday there is an opportunity to combine a visit to the workshop of bike designer Mike Burrows with a social ride. The start is from the Heartsease roundabout on the Norwich ring road at 9.30am."

See EDP here

This is different to what Bottlemsher says above.

Can someone let me in on what actually is happening, please! :angry::wacko:

OP
OP
bottlemsher

bottlemsher

Über Member
There are 2 start points
9:30am Heartsease Roundabout
10:00am Mike Burrows Workshop Rackheath

Both rides will then meet up at Rackheath
a few pics will be taken then we will get on our
way and we will have our own little Critical Mass

Will1985

Über Member
A Sunday Critical Mass? A novel idea, even more so out of the city! We might hold up a few people in their 4x4s off to North Norfolk for the day :angry:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
bottlemsher said:
Hi Doctor and Will
I'm sure i can get you a try out on
several different types of recumbent if you
would like to try

cheers
Bottlemsher

Ooh ooh:biggrin:! Very tempted by the idea of this, thank you!:angry:

OK, where and when? I'll be wearing SPD shoes if that has a bearing.

Top Bottom