normal service is resumed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
yep:

arch: anyone know anything about a *xxxx*?

bonj: nah, an *xxxx* is a piece of crapola because i don't have one.

something like that?

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Tetedelacourse said:
Did you go to the FRB or try Arthur's Seat?

yes, did 90 miles in all (family holiday), and got over the frb and the 15mph limit for bikes was a red rag to a bull, with predictable results.

isn't that uphill cobbled section near the ferry terminal nasty?

Tetedelacourse

alecstilleyedye said:
yes, did 90 miles in all (family holiday), and got over the frb and the 15mph limit for bikes was a red rag to a bull, with predictable results.

Good to hear it. You were relatively lucky with the weather. Whereabouts were the cobbles?

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
from memory (i didn't do the route finding) it was after you come off the fbr and go past the ferry terminal after the roundabout (and after another nice climb up past the naval base entrance).

alecstilleyedye said:

I don't know if its enforced, I've got up to 30mph coming of the north/ east side of the bridge, I'm sure other folk have done more.

Melvil

HLaB said:
I don't know if its enforced, I've got up to 30mph coming of the north/ east side of the bridge, I'm sure other folk have done more.

I've done about the same...I don't like those little rivets or gaps or whatever they are on the bridge though, speed speed speed...THUD...speed speed speed...THUD...etc, makes me think they'll blow my tyres!

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
according to the (wireless) comp on the bike i has riding, i accelerated from 9 to 136mph just at the middle section (having been doing a steady 17 up to the middle prior to that).

Melvil

alecstilleyedye said:
according to the (wireless) comp on the bike i has riding, i accelerated from 9 to 136mph just at the middle section (having been doing a steady 17 up to the middle prior to that).

Oh aye, that's the electromagnetic catapult section of the bridge - we locals don't like to tell anyone about that before their first time!

Top Bottom