norovius

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bygone era

Über Member
I ve been struck down with norovirus its been 24 hours of severe vomiting and diarhea I cant keep any water or fluids down the problem is im type 2 diabetic and cant keep my tablets down ive tried diarolyte dry toast but its not staying down im so knackered and weak I was planning on going for a longer bike rides but that's out the window

lazybloke

Considering a new username
As you're diabetic, at what point will you need medical intervention?

D

Deleted member 1258

I ve been struck down with norovirus its been 24 hours of severe vomiting and diarhea I cant keep any water or fluids down the problem is im type 2 diabetic and cant keep my tablets down ive tried diarolyte dry toast but its not staying down im so knackered and weak I was planning on going for a longer bike rides but that's out the window

:hugs:be careful and make sure you get the medical care you need when you need it, and recover quick my friend.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I wouldn't worry about it too much. A day or 2 without meds isn't going to kill you.
Keep an eye on your glucose levels and check for ketones.
I'm type 1 and that damn virus hit me yesterday. It blows.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
More dodgy if you are T1. Just check your bloods regular, and avoid carbs if you can't keep the tablets down otherwise your bloods will shoot up.

If my son is ill, we just have to regularly monitor his bloods (type 1) and decide what to do depending upon reaction - e.g. high bloods or low bloods - does vary by illness. Hope you are feeling better - can take a while to feel well again.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'd say it was easier with type 1.
Glucose levels usually rise when unwell and because we inject, we don't need to injest meds.
Agree with staying away from carbs although that doesn't seem to be a problem atm given he's puking them back up.

OP
OP
B

bygone era

Über Member
As you're diabetic, at what point will you need medical intervention?
if my sugars got really high or very low and very dehydrated

OP
OP
B

bygone era

Über Member
More dodgy if you are T1. Just check your bloods regular, and avoid carbs if you can't keep the tablets down otherwise your bloods will shoot up.

If my son is ill, we just have to regularly monitor his bloods (type 1) and decide what to do depending upon reaction - e.g. high bloods or low bloods - does vary by illness. Hope you are feeling better - can take a while to feel well again.
still not feeling well last night was horrendous loose both ends dizzy and sweaty ive never slept so much my bs are averaging 10.00

OP
OP
B

bygone era

Über Member
still not well loose both ends can only keep fluids down last night was really bad tried some clear soup just feel really clammy and sweaty if im not better by tomorrow will contact 111 or doctors

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
10 isn't too bad.
Mine are hitting late teens and early 20's.
Not been spewing much though. Only once last night and almost emptied my stomach contents whilst in Iceland getting the shopping. Rear end isn't too bad either but my willy feels like it's on fire when I pee. The bed was drenched from sweating last night. :sad:
Hopefully it'll feck off sometime tomorrow.

Top Bottom