norovius

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
10 isn't too bad.
Mine are hitting late teens and early 20's.
Not been spewing much though. Only once last night and almost emptied my stomach contents whilst in Iceland getting the shopping. Rear end isn't too bad either but my willy feels like it's on fire when I pee. The bed was drenched from sweating last night. :sad:
Hopefully it'll feck off sometime tomorrow.
UTI? Sounds like you should see a Dr ASAP, don’t want it going to your kidneys

Norovirus is a farking killer. It will take about a 3/4 days to get over the worst of it but expect vomiting, diarrhoea, vertigo/dizziness and a pounding head when standing up along with no energy, unable to keep fluid or food down and sweats. On the plus side it’s a great weight loss diet.

From experience, now you’ve had it, it will never leave you as the bacteria is now present in your gut. You’ll be more prone to getting it again over the next 12 months (what the doctor said) and if your have diabetes I imagine you will need to be careful.

Almost 2 years on and I in my case I have developed IBS like symptoms and my body can no longer handle spicy food or ibruprofen. If I eat anything slightly undercooked I know to expect another bout of illness about 24-48hrs later.

Norovirus is a farking killer. It will take about a 3/4 days to get over the worst of it but expect vomiting, diarrhoea, vertigo/dizziness and a pounding head when standing up along with no energy, unable to keep fluid or food down and sweats. On the plus side it’s a great weight loss diet.

From experience, now you’ve had it, it will never leave you as the bacteria is now present in your gut. You’ll be more prone to getting it again over the next 12 months (what the doctor said) and if your have diabetes I imagine you will need to be careful.

Almost 2 years on and I in my case I have developed IBS like symptoms and my body can no longer handle spicy food or ibruprofen. If I eat anything slightly undercooked I know to expect another bout of illness about 24-48hrs later.
Your doctor should be sacked. Norovirus is a virus not a bacterium.

Stephenite

Membå
I had it earlier this week. Having small kids it's a regular visitor. I normally have mild symptoms but this time I had to have a day off work.

Your doctor should be sacked. Norovirus is a virus not a bacterium.

No the doctor is correct. Novo virus is caused by a strain of “bad” bacteria linked to E-coli which upsets the PH of the stomach.

So although the illness is a virus it is triggered by bacteria.

No the doctor is correct. Novo virus is caused by a strain of “bad” bacteria linked to E-coli which upsets the PH of the stomach.

So although the illness is a virus it is triggered by bacteria.
Don't know where your GP gets this information from.

OP
OP
B

bygone era

Über Member
Well I think ive turned the corner feel better than I did still exhausted and got the sweats all my bones are aching and probably been sleeping for 20 hours a day for anyone going through this look after yourself

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not the way to be spending a bank holiday. Rest and take plenty of fluids.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The virus is so virulent that you can catch it by being in the same room as somebody who is violently sick. If it sprays around a fine droplet inhaled or in your eyes or mouth is sufficient for you to catch it.

There's some quite interesting stuff on the Wiki page about transmission, especially when somebody barfs in a restaurant. I also didn't know that you can catch it from shellfish.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bygone era

Über Member
Well im glad to say im over the worst I virtually had 55 hours of diarhea ive lost a stone in weight muscles are killing me my joints hurt but I can hold fluid and food down since mon afternoon I do agency care work so giving myself a good few days clear of symptoms never want to experience that again

Well im glad to say im over the worst I virtually had 55 hours of diarhea ive lost a stone in weight muscles are killing me my joints hurt but I can hold fluid and food down since mon afternoon I do agency care work so giving myself a good few days clear of symptoms never want to experience that again
Unfortunately carers are at risk of being exposed to norovirus particularly if the people they are caring for have recently been discharged from hospital where norovirus spreads quickly. Carers who go from house to house also become a risk to the people they care for. You should be a minimum of 48 hours free of d & v symptoms before considering going back to work. You should really make your employer aware of what you've had and they shouldn't try to pressurise you into returning before you can confirm you meet the 48 hour rule.

OP
OP
B

bygone era

Über Member
Unfortunately carers are at risk of being exposed to norovirus particularly if the people they are caring for have recently been discharged from hospital where norovirus spreads quickly. Carers who go from house to house also become a risk to the people they care for. You should be a minimum of 48 hours free of d & v symptoms before considering going back to work. You should really make your employer aware of what you've had and they shouldn't try to pressurise you into returning before you can confirm you meet the 48 hour rule.
thanks gave 3 days clear before returning I normally work in 1 place per shift but not elderly l/d and mental health

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I was victim of this illness (or similar) on Sat/Sun just gone. Whilst all the vomiting was over in 24h, I'm now left feeling queezy, no appetite and exhausted to the point where I cant C2W. When is it going to end!!!!! Aggghhh! It is so frustrating having to drive on nice crisp sunny mornings like today.:cursing:

Drago

Legendary Member
I had this last year a couple of days before my birthday. A day not feeling right with the brown bum wee, a day of chundering, and a day or two with a sore feeling tummy. Probably another week before I was on top form again. Unpleasant.

Top Bottom