North Korea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Didn't they do well against a side ranked 104 places above them? No pretentions about them. Good, honest, workmanlike football and rattled Brazil for most of the game.

Yes and I wonder which World Cup team could learn from this?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
dan_bo said:
DO YOU KNOW HOW F...... BUSY I AM HANS BRIX YOU PIECE OF SH..!?!?!

I hope they qualify for the next stage and meet team america.

If they do, it will be 911 times 2356!

redddraggon

Blondie
dan_bo said:
I hope they qualify for the next stage and meet team america.

Won't happen.

Group C winners v Group D runners up

Group C runners up v Group D Winners.

So the Yanks are likely to play Germany or Australia.

soulful dog

Veteran
They were a tidy looking team weren't they, far better than the other outsiders New Zealand. And their striker the no.9 Tae-Se Jong looked pretty handy. It's a pity they are in such a tough group.

yello

I love the way the same game can be seen differently!

I also thought the N Koreans were workmanlike and disciplined BUT I thought they looked like a team worthy of their world ranking. They had little or no creativity, I don't think there was a game plan beyond shutting out Brazil and even in that looked suspect. Their marking was pretty poor, particularly with picking up runners.

I certainly didn't think Brazil looked rattled, I'd have said it was more frustrated. It was only a matter of time before they scored imo. I thought Brazil eased off once they'd secured the points.

BUT, all of that said, I reckon North Korea have to be congratulated for effort; there was no lack of it. Perhaps it was a realistic approach but I couldn't help but wish for a little more enterprise from them.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
yello said:
I also thought the N Koreans were workmanlike and disciplined BUT I thought they looked like a team worthy of their world ranking. They had little or no creativity, I don't think there was a game plan beyond shutting out Brazil and even in that looked suspect. Their marking was pretty poor, particularly with picking up runners.

I agree - as I said in the other thread on the subject. They played like a humourless, poorer and less skilled version of South Korea. Pretty much like the country itself!

And Brazil were cruising - they only let in that goal because they were being a little too casual at the end.

Top Bottom