North Sea coast.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Shelter. dk is another good site for free accomodation.

There is also an excellent FB site called Brug min baghave. Its a bit like Warmshowers for everyone. It is translated as Use my back garden. It is in Danish. But most will understand English.

OP
OP
Baldy

Baldy

Über Member

There's been talk of re-starting the ferry to Norway ever since the old ferry stopped, and nothing has ever happened. Basically because there's no profit in it.

OP
OP
Baldy

Baldy

Über Member
I think the North Sea cycle route in Denmark is boring. Admittedly, there are some nice places. But a lot of it is much of a muchness and if you get a headwind, it can last for days and there is no escape.

There is a better cycle route in my opinion.

https://www.haervej.com/ln-int/haervej/detailed-maps-ancient-road-haervejen.

Island hopping in the South of Denmark is popular and you can sail over from Germany.

You can also travel by Flixbus. Its much cheaper than train. But you need to book your bike in advance.

https://global.flixbus.com/?wt_mc=a...4vTGZorpX3miWGbKJK-z4RpDBQYkXBeEaAndbEALw_wcB

Thanks for the links they look useful, I've bookmarked them.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There's been talk of re-starting the ferry to Norway ever since the old ferry stopped, and nothing has ever happened. Basically because there's no profit in it.
There has been talk about starting the Esbjerg - Harwich ferry again. I will believe it when I see it. It was an expensive trip when it ran.

It was cheaper to fly from Billund and hire a car. I only used it if I bought a motorbike in the UK and was bringing it back.

Brains

Legendary Member

If Brexit happens then the need may get to a critical profit point, as surprisingly Ireland exports a lot to Sweden, and this volume would then increase.

Top Bottom