North Wales,Anglesey tour (plus up and down Snowdon!!) Done it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Was up that way last year with the family. Llanberis pass made me feel like I could have been nearly anywhere in the Alps at altitude. Some great slate mines around there as well.

Just read the section about going up Snowdon for now. Love the description of the tourists reactions to seeing you ^_^

The tourists part was the best bit.... I had read other blogs and that was always mentioned as a high point (the reaction!) There was a japanese couple and he was having loads of pics done with me by his wife; Was like that scene in Croc Dundee in the subway with them Japs; He was thinking I was some extreme biker or summat,proper excited; Oh my bike.... Well I got it from Halfords 17month ago,£90 budget bike; Turned it into a tourer and biked to see my sister in Norfolk. Great trip and 470 miles,then I had this mad snowdon idea! The bike had some work done to it and hey its done that too! Halfords are dumbfounded and gobsmacked! haha. The milage now is 3575 mile. Biking Folkstone an back next month (600+).

Sandra6

Veteran
Just read your account! Fantastic! Well done to you for getting up snowdon, and for recording it so well for posterity.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What a classic! Some would say that your trip was in the best tradition of amateurism but despite being an unseasoned bike tourist you coped with the ups and downs with admirable mental competence! For me the hardest part of any multi-day trip is always the mental part but this doesn't seem to have bothered you at all. Maybe I should take up smoking?

gavgav

Guru
Fair play to you, it's a struggle walking up Snowdon, never mind biking up!! I stayed at the same campsite as you in Llanberis, 2 years, ago, when I walked up. Hope you didn't have the same trouble as we did.......being eaten alive by the Welsh Midge's!! Never known irritation like it.:evil:

Top Bottom