Northamptonshire Historic Church Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Its a great event - we normally do a family ride around the local villages. Lots of opportunity for coffee and cake and plenty of history to discover in the churches.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
well it looks like a min of 20 churches are en route and around 50 miles , waterproofs and aqua lung ready to go
I've left route planning to someone else so no idea how many or how far but I suspect it'll be about 50 miles all told but nothing like 20 churches because they're rather more spread out over here :smile:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I've left route planning to someone else so no idea how many or how far but I suspect it'll be about 50 miles all told but nothing like 20 churches because they're rather more spread out over here :smile:

well if either of us go off route i will be riding a red Ian May with a pale blue jacket on

route planning is done by my buddy so lets hope he gets it right

@mjr enjoy your ride

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
48 very wet miles and 15 churches here, then we hit 5 o'clock... but if we were after numbers, it would gave been possible to do more in less miles in town. Nicer to get out in the countryside and see some unusual churches I'd not seen inside. Pictures may be visible at https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153661950957610&id=716717609&refid=52

agree re doing a higher number of churches re just riding around town @mjr but as you say you would not have seen all that rain covered countryside , glad you enjoyed it . ps the facebook link does'nt work for me . Some of my pics are on my Racing Bike Biggs682 facebook page they get a bit blurry in places as water ingress on the phone didnt help

WP_20160910_021.jpg
WP_20160910_012.jpg
WP_20160910_015.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr

13 rider

Guru
Big respect for anyone who rode on Saturday it was an awful day weather-wise in Leicestershire I did 87 and got properly wet . We all must be nutters as my sister described me

Top Bottom