Northwave Celsius vs Celsius Arctic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

radekone

Regular
Hi Guys
I need to decide between Celsius GTX (past year's) and Celsius Arctic 2 GTX. The price is not an issue this time, it's more about the suitability to the winter conditions in Southern Scotland :smile: with limited snow, but more rain and wind.

I mostly commute all year round (12 miles per day) and I'm wondering, whether the Arctic version wouldn't be an overkill? Had anyone have any experience with both?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Hi Guys
I need to decide between Celsius GTX (past year's) and Celsius Arctic 2 GTX. The price is not an issue this time, it's more about the suitability to the winter conditions in Southern Scotland :smile: with limited snow, but more rain and wind.

I mostly commute all year round (12 miles per day) and I'm wondering, whether the Arctic version wouldn't be an overkill? Had anyone have any experience with both?

I can't comment on the current range but I have three year old Northwave Artic road cycling boots and they're perfect for keeping feet warm during autumnal and winter rides, they're not 100% waterproof but I've only ever had to dry them out twice! Both times after cycling through a flooded lane.

mattobrien

Guru
I have the Fahrenheit which I believe is the SPD-SL version of the Celsius. Never felt they weren't warm enough and that is down to below freezing, after which the temperature of your toes probably isn't your main consideration while dodging ice.

Happ to confirm they are 100% waterproof as a recent wading expedition on a flooded road proved.

Hopefully the road and mtb variants are still the same bar bolt holes a tread.

OP
OP
radekone

radekone

Regular
Thank you. I finally went for Celsius, as it should be enough for Scotland's winter, hence more flexibility for using them also when is a few degrees warmer.

Top Bottom