Northwick Park to Baker Street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
London peeps, anyone able to recommend a decent route from Northwick Park to Baker Street station? Going to use a CX bike with Gatorskins so could do a bit of gravel if necessary.
Thanks in advance.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've not done that stretch for a while but I used to commute from Vauxhall to Harrow on the Hill and used to go the main road down to Alperton and then jump on the Union Canal into central London. I used to get off the canal at Westbourne Park but you should be able to cycle along it a bit further, and then its not far to Baker St.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Londoner? Will an Ayrshire technophobe suffice? ......... GoogleMaps.

Screenshot (1).png

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Brandade, I've already done that but thanks for your help.

A5 is the fastest but is it suicide?
Not as bad as you'd think if you know the road outside London, but maybe still not that much fun for many.

Http://cycle.travel/map often suggests reasonable routes but sometimes struggles in London. It and www.cyclestreets.net usually ends up with something useful though. Google is rarely much better than just looking at a map IMO

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The Metropolitan line is quite convenient...

I have occasionally done that section on a bike, including at (roughly) commuting time. I believe I went straight down the A404 before turning left quite close to the Westway to pick up the A5 for the last bit. Looking at the map, the only iffy bits I remember were the roundabouts around Harrow-on-the-Hill station and just north of the Northwick Park hospital, neither of which will trouble you. I come from a looong way north-west, and end up a long way east, so I've only rarely done the whole lot as a commute.

@CharlieB used to do a similar journey, I believe.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom