Norwich based clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hello

So, I have done the decent thinn and searched for historical posts on the matter but the info I found was a few years old and the main players seem to have been off CC for some time.

What experiences do the good people of CC have with Norwich based clubs? I have done a bit of digging and I know what people will say - go and try a ride with them and I will, nevertheless am curious to know your thoughts. I know there a handful and have probably narrowed it down to 2 or 3 based on meet point location which for me should be either in town or to the North or East side. Are there any members of either Iceni Velo, 53-11 or maybe Yorkies on here?

Any other I should consider that don’t base meet ups on the other side of the city, Eaton/Cringleford is too far to be honest.

cheers in advance,
SD

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm well out west, plus I do not wear a hard hat so I have never looked closely at these: I've seen good things online from Norwich Family Cycling but I suspect I am far more laid back than you if you're even considering 53-11. I have heard of Iceni Velo. I also see interesting stuff online from the Fat Cat's club (that's basically in town, I guess?) and Wensum Valley out to the north west.

I've only experienced Wensum Valley as that's the nearest to me, only joined because my wife said everything I do is on my own. I enjoyed the more social slower rides, I could keep up on the faster rides but they're not for me. I found, especially on the smaller roads and lanes that it's not enjoyable in largish groups. I feel so much safer on my own or with maybe one other. Plus I prefer to stop when I want and not when told. Sorry if this isn't very helpful.

Hi mate - yes we moved here mid lockdown but was taking a cycling break for about a year. Only back on the bike since the summer and it's a long road back. Moved out here for the famous Norfolk climbs! :whistle:
There's a cat eye somewhere on the A47, that's quite a challenge apparently :whistle:

Top Bottom