Norwich Bicycle Polo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just to let you all know, that there are now a few of us here in Norwich who play Bicycle Polo on a regular basis.

Every Tuesday evening From 6.30pm onwards. Floodlit Multi use games area (MUGA) opposite the pavillion, Sloughbottom Park, Drayton Road, Norwich.

Google map link: http://maps.google.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Just turn up and have a go; you will be warmly welcomed.

We have plenty of spare mallets to borrow, and hopefully from next Tuesday evening a Polo hack to borrow, and with a little luck two more hacks to borrow from May onwards.

garethstempfile090.jpg

david1701

that sounds sooooo awesome :biggrin:

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Guru
Here is a vieo of me having a go a Bicycle Polo for the first time, a little over six weeks ago: barely capable of hitting the ball.

Now I can charge up and down the court, more or less keep up with the play, hit the ball almost everytime, and even score the odd goal or two.

I am the old git in the waxed jacket and steel toe caps, riding the mountain bike.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1SveG_W9QM&feature=related[/media]

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Guru
Yes it is regular.

3 or 4 of us are having a knock about at Sloughbottom park every Tuesday evening from 6.30 ish onwards..... we had that much fun that we continued on until 10pm this week :biggrin:

Don't worry about not being tangible, as you can see my very first efforts in the video above. When there is four of us we play 2 on 2 for about 15 minutes take a 5 minute break change partners and play again having a 15-20 minute break at around 8pm and then carry on.

When there is only 3 of us we play one on one with a goal keeper. The goal scorer then takes on the role of the keeper until someone else scores ... we played this for over an hour last Tuesday night before taking a break as it was so much fun.

We could really do with at least 2 or 3 more regulars so we can have proper 3 a side games.

There are plenty of polo mallets to borrow, and I hope to have a spare Polo hack painted, rebuilt and available to borrow for this coming Tuesday evening and onwards.

Top Bottom