Norwich Bicycle Polo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are now 3 or 4 of us here in Norwich who play Bicycle Polo on a regular basis, and we would like to invite a few other cycling Norwichites, etc. to come along and join us for a social knockabout, and to make it a little more interesting. We would love to play 3 against 3 on a regular basis rather than the usual 2 on 2, or the often 2 against 1 and swap about.

We meet up every Tuesday evening From 6.30pm onwards at the Floodlit Multi use games area (MUGA) opposite the pavillion, Sloughbottom Park, Drayton Road, Norwich.

Please come and join us: just turn up and have a go; you will be warmly welcomed.

Google map link: http://maps.google.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=wl

We have plenty of lightweight Polo mallets to borrow for those wanting to have a go.

You don't need any kind of special bike, or even a fixie to take part and join in; any bike will do. The steed that I use is an old Universal brand MTB BSO that was abandoned and pulled from a local ditch 12 months ago in a very sad condition. OK, I have modified it a bit to suit me: The Derailleurs have been removed and the chain shorten to make a crude single speed set up, the handlebars have been shortened and I recently made, painted and fitted a thin plywood disc to the front wheel.

polo004-Copy.jpg

polobike002-1.jpg

david1701

this needs to be played in Bude :biggrin:

Top Bottom