Norwich - free breakfast at the forum tomorrow (Wednesday)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g00se

Veteran
With bike week - they're dishing out free breakfasts from 7.30 tomorrow. Free bike check too etc.

I'll be there 7.40-ish - on the way to the station.

colinr

I shall also be there, possibly wearing a CC jersey for easy spotting. If not you'll know me by the fixed making the godawful mechanical noises that I hope are the new chain bedding in.

colinr

Last year the "Dr Bike" wasn't there til later in the day and I believe was from Halfords... I'd make an appointment with an LBS. Or take it apart to try and find out what the noise is, break it, then take it to an LBS so you get your money's worth :becool:

OP
OP
g00se

g00se

Veteran
Well, the coffee was good, the marmalade cake was lovely and I still have the banana! Hi to Helen - good to put a face to the name.

Helly79

Gareth said:
Did I miss you all then?

I was there from about 07.40 onwards chatting away with Both Colinr and Mike Burrows as I enjoyed a couple of large coffees

Thats a shame was looking around to see if I could recognize anyone Goose spotted me due to the cycle cam on my helmet. Maybe vecuase Im the only girl in Norwich to have one lol.

I didn't see Mike Burrows there my dad use to work for him when he was at CCS enigneering

OP
OP
g00se

g00se

Veteran
Doh - was looking out for Colin but didn't spot the CC jersey. Was there from 7.40 to 8.00. You weren't the fella that spilt his coffee?

g00se said:
Doh - was looking out for Colin but didn't spot the CC jersey. Was there from 7.40 to 8.00. You weren't the fella that spilt his coffee?

Nah! I managed to drink all of my coffee without spilling a drop; well it was free :evil: ...... I was the bald headed git in the dirty safety boots, grubby jeans and grey tee-shirt.

colinr

I didn't wear my CC jersey because it's long sleeved and very hot! I was all in black and riding my fixed - black roadie with orange bar tape.

Would still be good to meet the other local CC'ers, if Bottlemsher is still doing Tuesday night rides they'd make for a nice and gentle outing.

OP
OP
g00se

g00se

Veteran
Gentle! I have to get to the top of kett's hill even before we start! :evil: (for those not from norwich, that is an actual proper hill in norfolk)

g00se said:
Gentle! I have to get to the top of kett's hill even before we start! ;) (for those not from norwich, that is an actual proper hill in norfolk)

Lois and I have bought a house backing on to Lion wood close to the top of Ketts Hill, we'll be moving in mid August. I have to admit that I am looking forward to the rides to work; tearing down Ketts hill, over Bishops Bridge, into the city and on to the top of the Bowthorpe Road in North Earlam where the workshop is, but I am not looking forwards to the ride home :evil:

Top Bottom