England : Norfolk Norwich/ Norfolk clubs or rides?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bealz998

Hello I'm new to this biking thing lol and me and a few friends have bikes and would like to join a club or go for a ride with others does anyone have anymore info?

Koga

There are several cycle clubs in Norwich, just do a search on google.
They have club rides on specific days and you will ride in accordance with your ability.
If you don't know which one to choose, go for the one with best looking club outfit as you will have to wear club colours !
Good luck

e-rider

crappy member
VC Norwich
Iceni Velo
Norwich ABC
East Anglian CC

As a newbie, if you just want to dip your toes in then Iceni Velo is your best bet for a Norwich based club.
If you are a bit more serious and fancy fast training rides and a bit of racing maybe, then try VC Norwich

OP
OP
Bealz998

Bealz998

VC Norwich
Iceni Velo
Norwich ABC
East Anglian CC

As a newbie, if you just want to dip your toes in then Iceni Velo is your best bet for a Norwich based club.
If you are a bit more serious and fancy fast training rides and a bit of racing maybe, then try VC Norwich

Thanks

Koga

VC Norwich
Iceni Velo
Norwich ABC
East Anglian CC

I can only judge from what I have seen over the last few years during regional charity runs around Norwich (Norwich 100 etc), but I have seen 3 speed levels from VC Norwich (approx. 15, 18 and 20 mph). I have seen several Iceni teams I know one was doing at least 20 mph on average but I do not know what speed the others were doing.
My guess is both teams (and indeed the other teams) will cater for various speeds, just look at their websites for info.

e-rider

crappy member
I can only judge from what I have seen over the last few years during regional charity runs around Norwich (Norwich 100 etc), but I have seen 3 speed levels from VC Norwich (approx. 15, 18 and 20 mph). I have seen several Iceni teams I know one was doing at least 20 mph on average but I do not know what speed the others were doing.
My guess is both teams (and indeed the other teams) will cater for various speeds, just look at their websites for info.
this is somewhat true on paper, however, if you join these clubs and ride with them (as I have with the first 3 listed) you will quickly discover very different attitudes towards cycling and varying group dynamics, hence my suggestion that Iceni is most suited to a casual new cyclist. You are correct in that all these clubs have 'fast' groups.

Koga

this is somewhat true on paper, however, if you join these clubs and ride with them (as I have with the first 3 listed) you will quickly discover very different attitudes towards cycling and varying group dynamics, hence my suggestion that Iceni is most suited to a casual new cyclist. You are correct in that all these clubs have 'fast' groups.

Very good, that is what the forum is for getting the views of others and yours is obviously based on in depth experience and therefore invaluable.

Top Bottom