NOS unpainted alloy frames with carbon rear - Mostly GT's with a few Pinarellos (will require ebay account)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And you have to ask how genuine or they ?

Drago

Legendary Member
I seem to recall they were t exactly outstanding frames to begin with. You can buy equally pedestrian frames today, brand new and freshly painted.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Maybe useful if you've damaged an existing frame, but by the time you've painted it, bought wheels, forks, groupset, finishing kit cables etc however cheap the frame you've spent a fair chunk of wedge on a mid 2000's framed bike. I had a Bianchi version of these with the bonded carbon stays, its still going strong ridden by a mate I sold it onto, but the bond can be a point of weakness. This style (alu frame with carbon stays) was only briefly popular and then it was pretty much as cheap to build / buy a full carbon frame.

OP
OP
otherself

otherself

Fully lugged in.
Maybe useful if you've damaged an existing frame, but by the time you've painted it, bought wheels, forks, groupset, finishing kit cables etc however cheap the frame you've spent a fair chunk of wedge on a mid 2000's framed bike. I had a Bianchi version of these with the bonded carbon stays, its still going strong ridden by a mate I sold it onto, but the bond can be a point of weakness. This style (alu frame with carbon stays) was only briefly popular and then it was pretty much as cheap to build / buy a full carbon frame.

Didn't they perfect the bonding issue? They have been bonding alloy to alloy or alloy to carbon since the 70's or 80's. I still see Vitus frames with carbon bonded into aluminium lugs from the late 80's to early 1990's. People still ride them today, though they probably haven't covered 200'000+ miles, but they still hold up.

I apologize, i thought if people had broke their current alu or steel frame (or it was dented and looking ratty) they could simply transfer the components and wheels to a NOS frame in the link i posted. But, yeah...your adding on probably £80 to have it powdercoated. A home rattle can spray with primer, Montana paints and 2k lacquer will cost £40-50.

This brings the frames up to £150-180 with new paint.

Top Bottom