Not a good weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
On Friday, took the sister-in-law for a 2nd op since her cancer diagnosis. All went to plan and she was as well as could be expected afterwards when we visited. 11pm we got a phone call from the care home telling us mother-in-law had died suddenly, the police were in attendance and she was being taken away for an autopsy and coroner's report. Phoned police but couldn't get anyone so left message to call us. No-one has done.

Next day went to the care home where they are shocked and sympathetic; we think they did a good job of looking after her and think it's just a routine 'unexpected death' procedure. We were told she was taken to a funeral parlour but when we phone they say no, it was the hospital mortuary. Hospital mortuary not available to take calls at weekend. Then we have to collect younger sister from hospital after her op and tell her of her mother's death. Not much help from hospital staff I am sorry to say and still no info from police.

Roll on tomorrow when we can find out what is going on.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh dear, that's horrible.:sad:

For what it's worth, police attendance and stuff is routine in a case of sudden death, which I think means simply that there isn't a serious health issue that a doctor is aware of that might cause death - for example my Dad had a heart condition and the GP could confirm it with the paramedics by phone, so the police weren't required.

Bit poor not to be able to get info at the weekend. It's not like people only die in work hours.

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
Thanks all.

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
Thanks, we are now getting everything sorted out. On Monday afternoon we were told the cause was pneumonia with complications, not something we'd been told about altho' we knew she'd a chest infection. No autopsy to be held and funeral now arranged.

Just got sister-in-law to worry abt now as she is due for chemo. On the plus side, prospects for a recovery very good.

Top Bottom