not Breaking News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
What a disaster. Glad you got home. When you get out of quaratine you will find Sweden is just the same as it was. Just quieter. Its great to live in a place where the government knows what it is doing.

I live in Norway, not Sweden. On landing at Arlanda I didn't see a single policeman, soldier or medic. There was no control of any kind at all, not even anyone asking me where I had started my journey.

I had to leave the arrival section, as opposed to going through the 'in transit passengers' section, before re-entering the departure lounge. I could have easily boarded the bus for the city centre and no one would have been any the wiser.

So, no, Sweden's security procedures, in my opinion and experience, are definitely not up to standard.

aferris2

Guru
I don't think the UK is any better. From what I am being told, people arriving from Australia (where I am at the moment) aren't being to,d anything more than they "should" self isolate for 14 days, and then having to make their own way back home. Could be train, bus, taxi. Whatever they choose.
Sorry, I'm staying where I am for the moment. Small community that seems to look after those in it, whether they are naturally resident, or like us, choosing not to continue our travels until it is safe to do so.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I live in Norway, not Sweden. On landing at Arlanda I didn't see a single policeman, soldier or medic. There was no control of any kind at all, not even anyone asking me where I had started my journey.

I had to leave the arrival section, as opposed to going through the 'in transit passengers' section, before re-entering the departure lounge. I could have easily boarded the bus for the city centre and no one would have been any the wiser.

So, no, Sweden's security procedures, in my opinion and experience, are definitely not up to standard.
But the Swedes claim they have so few people in such a large area. I think Stockholm was going to be an obvious stumbling block. But would they listen🙄

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
To date , Sweden have had 401 deaths and 6,830 cases, Denmark 4,369 and 179, and Norway 5,687 and 71.

Social distancing is not being adhered to, IMO.
Its difficult to know where the new cases are coming from. Social distancing appears to be good in Denmark.

I think the average age of the victims in Denmark is 77 and most had other health problems. Stockholm has been hit badly. But on the day 18 died in Stockholm. The news showed crowds sat at the cafes in the sun. I dont know if that has changed.

I think it will show that having Germany between The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Portugal, Spain and Italy and Scandanavia was a good thing. Germany seems to be handling it well and have a good testing regime and it has slowed the spread of the virus. Anywhere South of Germany has been hit hard.

I think it will be around for a long time to come and I wont be leaving Denmark this year. It seems to be one of the safer places to be.

Top Bottom