NOT Chicken Tonight.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I couldn't resist, that suggestion became my dinner tonight. Delicious! Thanks for the link.

View attachment 624742
Wow. I am truly impressed. And I know how hard it is to do it.

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
In fact, tonight we had random chicken! One lemon and black pepper, one smoked paprika, two simply lightly-salted (for the less adventurous palettes in the household 🙄). Served with homemade potato wedges and ratatouille.
33E88FC2-4715-4765-937A-C56C46EC59BB.jpeg

A90BFB79-A9F9-4C32-82E0-6C60E6E86FCC.jpeg

BB4730EF-346E-4544-9561-951E69713DF5.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru
My favorite quick chicken breast recipe has hardly any ingredients and is fast so it's good for mid week, but the cooking method makes it so delicious and tender. No more dried out breast meat!

Oregano parmesan crusted chicken:
3 chicken breasts
Olive oil
Knob of butter
Oregano, about 1-2 tsp to taste
Sea salt and ground pepper
About 2tbsp grated fresh Parmesan

Take the breasts from the fridge 30 mins before cooking so they're nearly room temp. Pat dry, then coat them fairly generously in olive oil, sea salt, pepper, lots of oregano and finally the grated parmesan.

Heat the oven to 190C, then heat a pan on the hob until really hot. Melt a knob of butter in the pan until foaming, place the breasts in, and time them for 3 minutes. Don't move them around, just let them sit and brown.
Turn them over after the 3 minutes is up, quickly baste with the browned butter, and now put the pan into the oven for exactly 6 minutes, no more than that.
After 6 minutes, take the pan out, cover it with foil, and rest it in a warm place for 8 mins or so.
Slice the breasts thickly, and spoon over the resting juices as you serve. Goes well with a crunchy jacket potato and roasted broccoli.

For when there's more time to marinade, my favourite chicken dish is Yotam Ottolenghi's roast chicken recipe below:

Roast Chicken with Chili and Basil
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp dried chili flakes
3 spring onion
4 chicken joints, skin and flesh slashed
4 mild red chilies
8 basil leaves for garnish
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Whisk the oils, mustard, soy sauce, vinegar and chili flakes together. Season with salt and some pepper.
Roughly chop the spring onions and add them to the sauce with the chicken and the whole chilies. With your hands, rub the chicken well with marinade and then keep refrigerated overnight.
Preheat the oven to 200 c.
Place the chicken in a roasting tray and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Arrange the chicken on a serving plate, place the chilies on top, spoon off most of the fat from the liquid in the tin, and then pour the remaining juices onto the chicken. Garnish with the torn basil.
This goes well with rice pilaf and a flatbread.
That’s not a genuine Ottolenghi recipe, far too few ingredients 😉

Eziemnaik

Über Member
My chix/turkey lazy marinade:
2xtablespoon of dark soy, sweet chilli, fish and oyster sauces
Salt
Some clean booze - vodka or gin are great
Best to give it a night to work through the meat
Sear on a heavy skillet and finish under the grill

Top Bottom