Not cycling to work tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At least, I don't think so. I'm going to wait until Ms RT gets home and use her car. I've gone from doing hardly any cycling in the last few months to 90 miles since Monday (12 miles each way, plus one day where I extended the ride just for, er, fun) and my legs and lungs are beginning to wonder what's hit them. Last night I was slow, very cold and didn't enjoy my ride home much at all. So I'm having a break tonight.
On the plus side, I feel generally better and, once I've had a couple of days off the bike, should be beginning to get fit enough to enjoy it again next week. Assuming I have the willpower to keep cycling once my car is back together again.

I'm afraid, for the first time in a long time this morning, I did a 'feck it, I'm goin' in the car', despite having got all togged up and ready. I think it wasa combination of having been away for two days and still feeling tired from the 'rest' I'd had, a crap night's sleep and it being chilly this morning.
I still feel ashamed of meself, but promise to do better tomorrow.

Browser said:
I'm afraid, for the first time in a long time this morning, I did a 'feck it, I'm goin' in the car', despite having got all togged up and ready. I think it wasa combination of having been away for two days and still feeling tired from the 'rest' I'd had, a crap night's sleep and it being chilly this morning.
I still feel ashamed of meself, but promise to do better tomorrow.

It was cold this morning. I left work around 3.30am and my feet were two blocks of ice when I got home.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I know the feeling - I might well end up taking public transport for a bit of rest once a week. I'd forgotten just how much extra strain is involved when I'm back to full time in the spring and summer.

Top Bottom