Not happy :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
Well the title isnt entirely true.
Ive got myself a new job that starts at the end of August. Only problem is it cuts my commute down by 8 miles :sad:

Insted of doing the 10 miles to work from August it will only be 2..

I try and do around 40-60 miles (2/3 days) on the bike at the moment but thats going to change :sad:

gutted...
(but also happy I have a new job)

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
You will have to find a long cut.

PK99

Legendary Member
Well the title isnt entirely true.
Ive got myself a new job that starts at the end of August. Only problem is it cuts my commute down by 8 miles :sad:

Insted of doing the 10 miles to work from August it will only be 2..

I try and do around 40-60 miles (2/3 days) on the bike at the moment but thats going to change :sad:

gutted...
(but also happy I have a new job)

nothing to stop you doing a 10 mile commute anyway!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No reason not to extend. My normal commute is 12 miles each way. Always extended to 20 miles in the morning, 14 in the evening.

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
With my old job I used to ride 11 miles into work but only on fine/dry/not to hot days(no showers or changing space at work) , now my new job(2 years now) is only 2 miles away and I commute everyday rain or shine

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Extend. Short route for me is 6 miles. Usually do at least 11.

BSRU

A Human Being
I live the same sort of distance from work and it hasn't made any difference, so far 7,850km this year with only about 726km of non-commuting cycling.
Has the benefit of being able to get home quickly if required and you can choose more enjoyable routes:thumbsup: .

As others say extend the commute but have the shorter commute up your sleeve for days when you need it. My shortest commute is 1.8 miles, I regularly do 5.5 instead, in training for the Alps it was extended to 18-21miles and its been 33-60miles on ocassions. Decided I wanted a lie in after the Alps last week and it was the shortest route :blush:

Kookas

Über Member
I say you should cherish how close it is - you've got that flexibility that you didn't have before.

You can go direct and be there in ten minutes, or take the scenic route and be there in an hour, depending on how you're feeling that day (or how the weather is).

Top Bottom