Not happy :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You have the perfect scenario, if you need to get home / work quickly go the direct route. If you have the time extend the commute. Warning though, extending the commute becomes addictive. With this lovely weather I have extended an already extended, extended morning commute.

Herbie

Veteran
Well the title isnt entirely true.
Ive got myself a new job that starts at the end of August. Only problem is it cuts my commute down by 8 miles :sad:

Insted of doing the 10 miles to work from August it will only be 2..

I try and do around 40-60 miles (2/3 days) on the bike at the moment but thats going to change :sad:

gutted...
(but also happy I have a new job)

more time in bed....jobs a good un :rolleyes:

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
You have the perfect scenario, if you need to get home / work quickly go the direct route. If you have the time extend the commute. Warning though, extending the commute becomes addictive. With this lovely weather I have extended an already extended, extended morning commute.

Never really thought of it like that...

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Plan a longer route!
I now only work four miles from home, which is great on those days where I am properly knackered and the weather is appaling, but that does not stop me.

I now do 200 miles a week, or 44 miles a day 5 days a week on my commute.
I go the long way in and can enjoy some nice country roads before I hit the traffic near the office, and it is great, especially with this nice weather we are having at the moment. :sun:

The short 4 miles is on bigger faster roads with 2 (to 3) lanes of fast moving traffic, so I do not take it too often.

jarlrmai

Veteran
My new commute is 2 in and 36 home and I try to get some hills in around 1200 foot is the best I can find without going up one twice.

Loving it at the moment, winter it might be get bit harder to motivate myself though.

paul04

Über Member
My ride to work is only 4.1 miles, I have a few ways I can go, this morning I did 12 miles to work and 10 miles on the way home :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I can't drag myself out of bed earlier to extend my 4 miles commute in the morning but I try to at least double it on the way home :smile:

Hip Priest

Veteran
It's a blessing! You can plan a 10 mile commute as before, but then if the weather is awful, or you're feeling ill / tired, you can do the 1.8 miles. Having said that, my commute is 5 miles each way, and I never add miles on.

Top Bottom