Not stolen,but could've been!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I saw the owner prop it up against the window then go into the bistro. He must've been in about 5 minutes. I watched him and in that time he didn't once look over his shoulder to see if it was still there. I kind of stood guard over it while he came back out. I politely put it to him that it could've been nicked. Even then he didn't seem that bothered,saying "It's over 10 years old,so if it goes it goes". Honestly,no wonder bikes get stolen!!:rolleyes:

1601914120149.png

1601913483960.png

Attachments

• 1601913383804.png
    1601913383804.png
    369.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I don't trust that dog.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How do you know it's 'nearly' stolen? Yes they're daft leaving it unlocked but still ...

I've left bikes unlocked before. Still do.
It attracted a few glances in those 5 minutes. All it would've taken was for someone to sit on it and ride it away. I would've asked the shop owner if it was ok to bring it in to the shop.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Perhaps it's insured for more than it's worth and the owner has started leaving it deliberately... though you'd think not locking it would invalidate any insurance cover.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Someone stole some spokes. @Accy cyclist you weren’t watching close enough.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If i have to stop at a shop while out cycling,or go to a shop on my bike,i always ask if i can take my bike in. Most say yes,but if they say no i just don't bother. I know some'll quote 'health and safety' stuff and yes i get that to an extent,but some shops are just anti cyclist. The bike in this thread must be worth,or was at one stage worth quite a few thousand pounds. Most shop keepers/owners think bikes at the most are worth a few hundred quid.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I did read that every person in Denmark has 1.3 bikes. Maybe there is no demand here 😁🇩🇰
I don't think the bike in question if stolen around here would be done so,so that the thief could own and ride a carbon framed Colnago. It'd end up on ebay or similar. Now if it'd been a big chunky mountain bike they'd probably nick it for their own use.

I must admit,i was tempted,but it looked to have a 53/54 cm frame,whereas i take a 56/57 frame.......only joking!!:whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom