Not sure about cycling to work now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Buy some Nike sports clothes and then 'just do it'. It's surprising how soon you get used to the distance but if you're feeling shattered after a while then phase in some days with the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
the first time will be the hardest, drive to work with bike, then ride home. Gives you zero choice tomorrow!

I had a dilema last year when i changed jobs, instead of a 9 am start time in the school my children attend I now have an 8.15am start at a school 8 miles away.
My boys go the the 'breakfast club' their school run, so can drop them off at 7.40am, but it meant an end to our cycling to school, we would have to leave home by 7.10, something I didn't feel one of my boys could cope with.
The first few weeks I used the car everyday leaving here at 7.35 but still not getting to work til 8.30 most days :angry:
So now I drive my boys to school, bike on the rack, leave my car there & cycle rest of the way to work, as i ride along the path that runs alongside the dual carriage way I wave at several of my colleagues sat in their cars

My ride is 17 miles each way, when I first started it was like an hour and 20 mins. Now if I am over an hour I think I have been lazy.
I used to leave earlier to go the gym, and then work, but cycling, I get a lie in. Coming up for my second year anniversary, and have covered nearly 14,000 miles.

I love it, and I sold the car !

Once you get going you will look back and wonder why you never did it earlier. I do, every day.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Come on RT, get your butt off the couch and onto that Brooks. Otherwise you'll be eating salad for the rest of your days. :tongue:

You can do it, just remember how hard it is to get started, and how much you love it when you're actually out on the road.

Top Bottom